(66 replies)

Sculpting

No.5118627 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Does anyone do sculpting? All I see is drawing art
I'm trying to learn how to sculpt in clay
61 posts and 17 images omitted
(11 replies)
No.5141899 ViewReplyOriginalReport
How many of you rely on the pen tool as a crutch?
6 posts omitted
(254 replies)

Self-Promotion Thread

No.5082432 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Post your work.
Link your socials.

Keep it clean and keep it nice for the tourists. Do the chatting in other threads.
249 posts and 116 images omitted
(5 replies)

The Kitnapping Kit

No.5141906 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Introduction video:
https://youtu.be/er7D0DdIHKk

The Kidnapping Kit is a small box with a collection of stamps and glass ampules of a fictional kidnapper. The glass ampules are souvenirs of probably former happenings, crime scenes or victims (hair, bones, blood aka tomato sauce, wood piece, earth). The stamps are used to write ransom notes, but also work as the interface to his digital diary of thoughts. These thoughts only emerge for a few seconds and then disappear again. They don´t have a certain order, but some are connected. I wanted to have them like a short poem and some are inspired by real historical ransom notes, but most of them are invented.
They show that the kidnapper wants to show strength and wants to be tough, but on the other hand is also totally vulnerable and, in a way, would like to be caught. So the kidnapping kit is a diary for himself, but if the user like an investigator finds the box, interacts with it and reads into it, he or she notices that it is also a scream for help.

The work was created as part of the Interface Cultures course at the University of Art and Design Linz, Austria, 2020.
(5 replies)
No.5140770 ViewReplyOriginalReport
(13 replies)
No.5140830 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey there /ic/
I've been following a little bit loosely the /ic/ big sticky, currently at the "Observation and Sight"
I've been staring like crazy at random objects but not sure if I'm getting it right, just to get a little bit of perspective, how it was your process of learning to see, learning to observe, did things look differently afterwards? how so? and idk anything related that you might wanna share related to this
8 posts and 3 images omitted
(50 replies)
No.5137733 ViewReplyOriginalReport
has being on this board actually made any of you better artists?
45 posts and 6 images omitted
(22 replies)

Give it up

No.5140559 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have tried to help someone who is like pic related for almost 8 months.
Artistically they improved a bit but FUCK NO, NEVER SPEAK TO FUCKING PEOPLE THAT ACTIVELY BROWSE HERE EVER.
I made it and god no these people don't deserve free feedback, they always shout through their mic when doing figure drawing together, they behave like they need to get babysitted.
/ic/, just stay away from people that browse here if you happen to find them outside of this place. They aren't worth your time.
17 posts and 2 images omitted
(5 replies)
No.5141815 ViewReplyOriginalReport
How important is context in an artwork?