My hate for universities inconsistency is eternal

No.14416861 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think the first time I noticed just how fucking shit western education was at teaching students literally anything was in my sophomore year of hs when I began to notice how many concepts were either grossly oversimplified or should’ve introduced several years ago, or straight up take to long to be taught assuming they’re taught at all.

Students should not have unfiltered access to every course they want in both elementary and post secondary education

The reason? Concepts aren’t isolated they build off each other and if your seeing students taking advanced courses without any prior knowledge of the ideas they’re built off they’ll fuck up completely. It’s even worse in university where the standards of what’s required are no longer based off what someone at a professional level needs to know to excel but rather based off the performance of the students relative to each other and suddenly what qualifies as a passing grade means completely different things in two universities probably a neighborhood away from each other. It’s so fucking obnoxious, the courses take too long to cover to little information and by the time your done you likely have a toddlers understanding of what you payed for and have to relearn everything and study for several more years in your own time to learn what wasn’t taught to you assuming you even give a shit about learning at all at that point