Slow brain processing power

No.11751547 ViewReplyOriginalReport
There is something about that has been bothering me about myself. I presume to have enough intelligence, which is why I get by in engineering, but have come to the realization that I am really, really, really slow in picking up new things and learning. I feel it takes me longer than my peers when confronted with a new task.
The odd thing is, that once learned I outshine them and am usually the faster one to give up my test/ papers etc., which contradicts me being slow in the head.
Is there anyway to fix this? Am I lacking certain vitamins. I feel I am wasting an too much time on simple things (e.g 4-5 hours just to rehash and sum up about 80-90 pages approx. 1 chapter in a PDF-File for my own learning documents (a.k.a "cheat sheets" in English i think it's called. Not cheating - just a short summary of the whole Semester chapter by chapter).

It's not only in my studies but my day to day life as well. Only when I am close to a deadline and get an adrenaline rush my brain goes 120% and I am in a mental high. Otherwise I feeel my brain is always at 30%.

>How are you guys in comparison?
>What do you do to counteract this?
>Is this normal? Am I lacking vitamins?
>Can this be taught?

Don't know if this is better in /adv/ or here so I'll see what happens.