Well shit I guess math actually does apply to the real world.

No.11702659 ViewReplyOriginalReport
/sci/ I'm not sure to what level this counts as a "homework" post but I have an interesting little question for you since I can't figure it out myself.
I recently bought this bread replacement food for hamburgers since I'm cutting out carbs and sugars, and the bread I was already eating wasn't a nessescary part of my diet.
Two being used as replacement for both top bun and bottom bun is too wasteful/expensive but also makes it harder to eat, the taste immediately overwhelms the hamburger.
Now the solution obviously is cut one in half to replace both the top and bottom. The problem is it barely covers the surface area of the hamburger.
In fig 1 you can see the bread replacement is larger than a hamburger on it's own.
In fig 2 you can see how I cut it in half.
In fig 3 you see how problematic the current way of doing it is, it spills out and breaks easily.
So my question to you is how do you cut a single bun in a way that gives it enough space to cover both the bottom and top of the burger.
Easy mode: Cut it before heating it and then weld the left over pieces.
Hard mode: Cut after heating, I can easily find a solution to this by cutting it in a specific way.