No.11337389 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I want an answer here. Why is such a high percentage of humanity, currently and throughout all of human history, is just……really stupid?

I'm not going to elaborate too much—you KNOW most people are fucking idiots, you've seen it your whole life. Some people are really smart, and even average Joe is capable of some things. But it's also really…apparent that most people are about as intellectually engaged as a bag of rocks.

And I don't understand WHY this is the case. We are a species whose claim to fame is our intelligence, and yet most of the population seems disinterested in basic learning and introspection. WAY too many people don't know basic facts about the world, and can't figure out the answer to basic questions. They seem to lack curiosity, or…something. You've seen those depressing videos online that highly human stupidity.

>think of how dumb the average person is. now, realize half of them are dumber than that

Most people don't seem to have any desire to become smart. They don't read books, don't question things, don't bother themselves with anything not pertinent to their immediate life and take PRIDE in it. Why? I thought intelligence was evolutionarily advantageous?

Why would a species who puts SO much energy and time into developing a highly complex brain not USE it?