No.10023460 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Every cent, second of computational time, square inch of classroom, etc, dedicated to pure math should be repurposed for whatever other area that has any relevance whatsoever for society at large.

To save you some time, lets go over the main counter-arguments.

>Muh beautiful rigor and demonstrations.
You can always gather outside and draw circles in the sand with your friends while someone else finds the next cure for a disease or a key material or technology.

>Muh old theorems who are called useless but allow for development of technology 80 years later.

With a lot of effort you might cherry pick 10 or so examples of this, and yet this still leaves most of pure math research and results having the same level of impact as dance theory. Trying to generalize from those few examples to the whole area is nonsense.

>Muh you're too dumb to understand this.
You're literally the only area of knowledge that might get something so arcane and convoluted in which a work requires years to be reviewed. A work, might I remind you, that has zero impact on our reality besides giving other pure math researchers more material to mentally masturbate on.

>Muh "I admit some, or maybe most of pure math might never have any use, but we should still do it.

Now you are closer to intellectual honesty. But please just explain to me how investing anything in pure math is not one of the biggest scams in academia.