I think I get it

No.5994947 ViewReplyOriginalReport
All teachers teach the same fundamentals in slightly different ways. You can get all fundamental drawing knowledge for free on the interwebs. So begs (like me) who think that you can buy skill by throwing money at E-instructors (and books) should just stop messing around and actually draw.

We get bamboozled so hard by the grifters because they never tell you the truth right away, they are like "well if you want to draw like this, do my course!" and it's BS, because you won't draw like the instructor just because you completed his course, it took that guy years or decades of training to get there and he is obviously scamming you. The ones who improve a lot were improving a ton even before knowing that instructor, so they were on that path anyways.

So for absolute beginners be wary and never ever pay money for fundamentals knowledge.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that they teach you to draw like them once the fundamentals are out of the way. And if they have an ugly style like Loomis its over.