Starting taking it seriously made me realize something about my art style

No.5980880 ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do I get rid of my fucking art style at this point? Doing observational drawings, even if I started recently, watching a lot of good youtube videos on art and hearing actually useful critique from other anons made me realize how much of a product of lack of skill it is. I also realized I get better result relying on more realistic proportions in general in comparison to my attempts at "stylizing" without knowing life, but then I also realized that studying Fist of The North Star and City Hunter for someone who is currently mainly drawing cute furry girls for character art is kind of a shit idea.

Any tips? What are some few artists with good realistic proportions and reasonable anime/anthro faces that aren't too deformed I can study from to get a temporary art style if I struggle with anything more stylized than that without relying on direct symbol drawing(AKA my main art on average)? PGM300 seems like a good choice but the bodies are "too perfect" to the point some of my artist friends thought he/she might be CG tracing