Help deciding on an iMac

No.5976569 ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I'm trying to decide which iMac to upgrade from. I'm coming from a 27" 2009 and was thinking of getting either 2020 27" intel, or perhaps the 24" M1. I was disappointed with how insane the price is for the studio display. To buy that and pair it with a mac mini is quite the expensive endeavour and pairing it with a mac studio is overkill. I was leaning more towards the 2020 model because the screen is essentially the same (whereas I've read the M1 has poorer contrast/quality). I'm just concerned that the intel based mac might be too obsolete at this point, considering what apple is doing with the Silicon tech now.

For clarity, I can get a 2020 27" with 10th gen i7, 1tb ssd, 8 gb of upgradable ram, 5700 amd gpu for the same price as a 24" maxed out at 16gb, 1tb, M1.

Would love to get your opinions and thoughts on the matter. But please, don't suggest other pc's or monitors. I've tried just over a dozen different brands/models and can't tolerate any of them as they give me horrible eye strain. No, a 44" OLED tv is not a viable solution, neither is a 42".