Art School

No.5972419 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>currently freshman in art school for illustration
>it's a general liberal arts school so I share a space with film, music, dance fags, etc
>last semester was cool, learned a lot about illustration and some technical drawing skill in my 2 drawing centered classes (other 3 were gen eds)
>this semester has 4 required classes for all people in the design dept
>only 1 is engaging and it's not even drawing related
>literally working with woodshop tools but at least it's fun
>other 3 classes have soulless uninspiring teachers
>literally being taught by an industrial designer
>halfway through the semester and have not drawn anything substantial for any of my classes
>thinking about dropping out but my parents already have 2 other kids in their 20s who aren't going to college/dropped out
>just wanting to wait this semester out to see if I can have drawing based classes again
>not to mention that half the illustration majors are weebs who draw the same way I did when I was in middle school
>they still get praise and pats on the back from teachers and get their work showcased in exhibitions, events and the stupid hallway gallery
>some dude in one of my classes just redraws anime screencaps
What do fellas, I'm not paying an absurd amount of money for the school (scholarships) and I thought going to art school could help with my conceptual skills, but it doesn't seem worth it every day I waste my time writing up formal analysis on over shitty abstract art
Honestly just a rant at this point, just wish I could have gone to a visual art only school :v