Does art or gaming require more talent?

No.4244165 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Does art or gaming require more talent? I think definitely is a case that gaming requires more talent, especially if you're a streamer or a professional esports gamer.

Gaming requires excellent hand eye coordination and a lot of creativity. For instance, if you want to be a top tier StarCraft player, you need really, and I mean really good tactics and reflexes in order to even have a chance at winning.

Anybody could just read some Loomis and learn to paint, but being a pro gamer requires natural born IQ. Any brainlet can just look at a flower and paint it using brushes in photoshop, but very few people can be good at Starcraft or Counter Strike.

In addition, I would add that e sports gamers make a fuck ton of money, especially in Korea. I would argue that gamers are actually respected, unlike artists who are just brainlets who couldn't handle math and decided to go to art school, while gamers tend to be stem majors who decided to pursue the actual art of gaming.

Then let's get to the topic of streamers. Streams have to charismatic and funny; with art all it is is taking a brush and painting random shit. Anybody can do that. DrDirespect or Shrhoud, if they decided to become an artist, they can probably make it big because art is easy. But some random concept artist if they wanted to become a streamer, they probably won't make it because game streaming requires more talent

So /ic i made my case, gamers are more talented than streamers