No.4209999 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>25, burning my money like wild fires burn California every summer, on an art college,
>Majority of students are either spoiled kids and "everything else was too hard for me" types (including few legit autism or other problems guys who sit in a wrong room, rant on unrelated subjects, or start screaming while nothing's happening) and guys who dropped out from other subjects but aren't actually into art. There are few people who were tutored since they could hold a pen.
>Myself I started seriously drawing 1 year ago. I feel I'm doing fine for that time, but I paint too slowly according to the professors and lack technical knowledge, or generally just rant at me for asking for any critique or advice how to improve.
>Literally got told "I wouldn't advice you to buy a better brush because you're clever and you did well without it"
>Theory classes are a joke. It's 15 minutes of professors showing few slides of examples of design ideas from 70's, the stuff I did read from the lecture materials during the first week, and then trying to come up with anything to do.
>Nothing about digital, design, modern trends or styles, or anything I could use.
>Grow depressed, as I was hoping for a challenge and huge gains, or at least similarly nerdy groups to hang out with, extending my education safety period

Any point in paying for that if I want to go pro but I was learning faster on my own and wasn't exhausted by waking up at 4am every day?