No.3434235 ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do you get popular on: Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram?

Everyone keeps saying deviantart is dead and other sites are way better for artists. But I've tried multiple times to make a following on these sites and failed. I've been active on DA for 4 years and have 2,000 followers. I got that way mostly through submitting in their groups for all those years and one time I got a DD. I get regular commission offers through here too. It's by far the best for me atm.

Instagram is my second largest at 110 followers.. i get about 40 likes on average and rarely a comment. I don't know how to get popular here apart from using a million stupid tags, which I do, but they at best get me 1-2 followers (most of the time none though). Tumblr is ironically the most dead and frustrating site to me. I have about 100 followers, but for nothing because my posts usually get zero notes. I have no idea at all how to get noticed on this site, I've tried using the tags but again: very very little effect, if any. It's ironic, because I see everywhere people saying tumblr is one of the best for artists. Twitter is the same story, all I know how to do is use tags and it doesn't get me anywhere.

Please. People who have 5k+ followers on these sites, WHAT DID YOU DO. What advice would you have for a complete nobody that would start an account today? How do you stop being invisible?

pic unrelated, but I know Ilya will get your attention.