DOCTOR STRANGE 2 Confirmed; New Plot Details Revealed

No.99638328 ViewReplyOriginalReport
From scriptwriter C. Robert Cargill.

>"Nightmare will be the villain. Me and Scott Derrickson have not laid the groundwork for it but what I can say is that I have a feeling that whatever Nightmare is involved with, Baron Mordo, being somebody who considers himself the defender of natural law will have something to do with it."

>"For those of you who have ever read the comics, you know that Baron Mordo has a very particular arc, and that's something we discussed with Chiwetel Ejiofor while working on the first movie. And part of the reason Chiwetel wanted to play Mordo was because he has a definitive ending as a character, and it's such a fascinating ending. And I do know that whether we're attached or not, that Marvel plans on working towards that ending and fully realizing Mordo as more than just a cardboard cutout villain, but actually taking him to kind of Loki levels of awesomeness. That's the goal with him."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/doctor_strange/doctor-strange-writer-confirms-nightmare-as-the-sequels-villain-outlines-baron-mordos-role-a159190