Sidekicks that work better as the heroes

No.99350879 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Sonic the Hedgehog is a terrible protagonist and this franchise should've been called Tails the Fox.

>The worst choice Sega ever made was creating a duo consisting of a child super-genius/flying mutant fox/inventor/freedom fighter and a guy who runs fast and picking the guy who runs fast to center the story around. That's like making Polka-Dot Man the main focus of Batman. Compared to Tails Sonic the Hedgehog is a weak protagonist in every regard, and I can prove it.

>First up is intelligence. Despite his young age, Tails (according to the comics) has an even higher IQ than Robotnik, although he lacks the doctor's experience. He can pilot anything from submarines to spaceships, build a working television out of paperclips, reprogram super computers using nothing but detergent and a toothpick, clone chaos emeralds (y'know, only the most powerful objects in the Sonic universe. Yeah, just gloss on over that, Sonic X.), and apparently knew how to make voice chips when he was 2 years old. If McGyver, Bill Nye, Data, Gyro Gearloose, Da Vinci, Bulma's dad, Gadget, Penny, and Spock all merged into a single being, Tails would (somehow) be the result.

>Second is physical ability. Even if Tails were as dumb as Sonic, he could still become Turbo Tails (which is even stronger than Super Sonic, again, if you go by the comics) and Titan Tails (though frankly I wish this wasn't a thing...) and seems to fly just as fast as Sonic can run. Not only that but the gift of flight means that unlike Sonic, Tails can't be impeded by stuff like high walls, water barriers, mine fields, lava, megamuck, or the absence of solid ground to run on.

>So remind me why Mobius' survival hinges solely upon Sonic's existence again?