The 1985 SPIDER-MAN Movie

No.98304396 ViewReplyOriginalReport
We were robbed of something truly special.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/spider_man_cohen_newson_cameron_8_4_93draft.html

>PETER is left alone and leaves towards the door. At the REAR DOOR, a BIG LIZARD passes a NOTE to a DALLAS COWGIRL, who passes it to a KANGAROO. The KANGAROO hops across the dance floor to the STAGE where he hands the NOTE to a YOUNG WOMAN in a BASEBALL UNIFORM. She climbs the STAGE, where she is bathed in a SPOTLIGHT, and gets a DRUM ROLL from the band. There are some BOOS as the band stops.

YOUNG WOMAN: Thank you, thank you. We have a special surprise guest tonight. (booo) The Empire State University Masquerade Ball presents... The "Slammy" winning star of MTV'S wrestling tournament... The Amazing Spider-Man!

>FLASH, amazed turns to LIZ. He points to himself and mouths, "Me?" The REAL SPIDEY drops from the ceiling and lands in a pose. The CROWD cheers. He does a flip to LIZ and extends a hand. The BAND starts up. LIZ demurs.

FLASH (whispers firmly) Go ahead... Go ahead!

>LIZ takes SPIDEY'S hand and they move slowly and sexily onto the dance floor. They do a short simple number. SPIDEY returns LIZ to FLASH.

LIZ (to Flash): Come on, Flash!

>FLASH takes LIZ from SPIDER-MAN. LIZ and FLASH dance wildly. They finish to big cheers. The real SPIDER-MAN slides to center floor. The crowd backs away as SPIDEY spins out the greatest dance number in film history. He's all over the floor and on the walls and on the ceiling and on the GLITTER BALL. He takes LIZ and flies with her. He breaks the place up. Then drops in a pose. BIG CHEERS.

>LIZ stops breathless, very near to SPIDER-MAN'S face.

LIZ (whispers breathless): Who are you...?

SPIDER-MAN: One day you'll know...

LIZ (a long beat): You sound very familiar.

SPIDER-MAN: Sure I do... I'm your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

>He jumps away and disappears, leaving the CROWD aghast and LIZ in love.