It should have been Angela. I STILL don't understand why they went this way.
- Thor is rendered unworthy. Okay. Okay.
LEAVE THE HAMMER ON THE MOON for at least a few years. Make it an Event when the Worthy One comes to pick it up.
- Alternatively, send Thor on a long journey to find himself worthy again (in his own eyes). No matter what, don't strip him of his name and identity, because that is unbelievably demeaning and insulting.
- Angela had been recently introduced to the Marvel universe, and outed as Aldrif, just a while before. Make her the new 'Thor'. She's not called Thor, she doesn't have or need a hammer, she is her own person... but she wants to find out more about her true self, and she wants to protect those weaker than herself. In this quest, she frequently bumps into the weaknesses of mortals, but she gradually learns to handle it, JUST LIKE THOR DID back in the day.
- Let her join the Avengers, or let her not join the Avengers, but make it a point. Don't just ignore it and in the name of all that is holy don't just throw her in with the parody of the Guardians of the Galaxy Bendis gave us.
- Have Angela and Thor team up at least once.
I feel the very worst-case scenario has occurred. And we are being told to like it by the idiots in charge of Marvel, or else we're sexists.