No.96224545 ViewReplyOriginalReport
She's been here a while, does she have any good stories?

I understand she's a bit of a controversial figure, and I do have one issue with her, that I am going to to detail here:

I really like her concept and design. I think she's a cool looking character, and the idea of a hero with cancer plaguing her life seems cool. Plus she's a human thrown in a world of gods she barely got to see before.

My issue is : she's written by a man. The problem isn't that he's a man, but that, since he's writing a character with a perspective different from his (because she a gurl) he's so focused on it, and so aware of it, that he's trying to overcompensate while stroking his feminist agenda.
So cue the constant jokes about how women are mistreated, and cue the scenes just to assert and prove that she's a woman "and yet" worth it. Cue also scenes of characters with years of collaborating or being beaten up by women, who suddenly have an issue with her.

That shit pulls me out of the story. It makes me feel like the writer himself doesn't believe in her worth as a character, and has to constantly "justify" her.

I tried multiple times to get into her series, but the last time I tried it was a self contained issue of her proving to Thor's friends that she's worth the hammer. And it was cringey scene after another, of them being out of character ( Sif is the best warrior in Asgard so demeaning women makes no sense for them), and Thor being great at everything.

So yeah. Here's my issue. Any stories of her just doing cool heroic shit or something?