SPAWN MOVIE: UPDATE

No.95810927 ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.slashfilm.com/spawn-movie-update/

>Deadline was at NYCC and quotes McFarlane as saying the film will be “dark and R-rated” – and not R-rated like that pansy movie Deadpool, “with a couple F-bombs and a couple bare asses.” This ain’t your daddy’s Spawn movie, so prepare yourselves accordingly. “It’s going to be dark,” McFarlane said. Yep, I think we got that. Dark. Gritty. Understood. Not like the massively popular Deadpool. Got it.

>“There’s two big roles in the script. There’s obviously sort of Spawn himself, although in a weird way it’s not the biggest role, and then there’s the cop. The cop is this character Twitch who’s been there since issue #1. Twitch is the role in this one, and I sort of refer to him as my sheriff Brody, who is the sheriff in the Jaws movie. Although it was called Jaws, Jaws didn’t really talk a lot in his movie, right? He just kind of showed up at the opportune time to make the movie worthwhile.”

>“I didn’t use to draw comic books and I drew comic books and I won awards. I don’t know how to read music and I have a Grammy Award. I’m spending my own money so who cares if it doesn’t work out. It’s a $10 million budget movie, and (a studio) would just get a 22-year-old punk director. I just want to be the old punk directing it.”

You guys ready for a $10 million Twitch movie co-starring Spawn directed by Todd McFarlane?