No.93699032 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /co/. /v/ here

After finishing NuDOOM, I've been wondering, would doomguy be a cosmic, or street level hero?

I mean, the guy has been in literal hell for eons, and throughout that time, he's been a legitimate boogeyman for demons. Devils fear him, and if he ever shows up, any demon or hell priest knows their time is up. He has a suit that let him gain strength from bathing in demon blood. He's been granted practical immortality. The few times they have killed him, he just reincarnated in hell and wrecked their shit even harder. It got so bad, they figured the only way to keep him from literally destroying all of Hell was to trap him in a fuckhuge sarcophagus inlaid with magic runes to keep him asleep forever.

That said though, little of that would find application in the world of DC or Marvel.

You're not going to find much demon blood to strengthen yourself with in the streets of Gotham, and I don't think a double barreled hinge action shotgun will do much against a Celestial. The guy's got >Spider Man strength, but I'm not sure if it's enough to go toe to toe with the likes of Darkseid or Thanos.

I'm not gonna pretend I know a ton about cape comics. Mount Stupid is a tempting summit for a /v/irgin to climb I mean for fuck's sake, look at the place. So I ask you /co/, would Doomguy be blasting criminals apart with the Punisher, or would he be dealing with the enemies of Asgard with Thor?

Also, kind of a bonus I guess: would he work better in Marvel's universe or DC's universe?