No.93299524 ViewReplyOriginalReport
PUNISHER STORYTIME

All this year I'll be posting Punisher storytimes focusing mostly on the pre-Ennis era, but with the occasional Ennis era story and possibly some post-Ennis era stories at some point. Expect at least one storytime per week.

Last week I posted the Baron/Texeira run on The Punisher War Journal. This week we're going to finish the Mike Baron run on the book. Mark Texeira doesn't draw any of these issues. Instead Ron Wagner takes his place for most of them, with a couple other artists turning in some solid issues as well. The first issue in particular is some fucking 10/10 art.

Like the rest of Baron's run on this book, these are some really entertaining as fuck issues and I'd highly recommend reading them. They include a 3-parter with painted covers by Joe Jusko, an absolutely hilarious/ludicrous (depending on how you look at it) semi-parody issue where Punisher meets an actor playing him in a movie (that almost resembles the kinds of stories Baron would do on Badger), a somewhat well know issue where Punisher crashes a wedding which features one of the most hilarious pages in Punisher comic history (and one of the best covers), and a couple other cool stories.

Anyway, let's get right into this.

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #31-37

STORYTIME