No.92274481 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>But Furie told As It Happens host Carol Off that the despite the headlines declaring Pepe's demise, fans haven't seen the last of him.
>"The end is a chance for a new beginning," Furie said. "I got some plans for Pepe that I can't really discuss, but he's going to rise from the ashes like a phoenix ... in a puff of marijuana smoke."
>"I think to truly understand Pepe as a cultural phenomenon, you have to understand him outside of myself as an artist. Pepe's popularity has grown on the internet because of everybody's kind of collaborative remixing and reinterpreting and resharing him on the internet," Furie said.
>"So, I as the creator of Pepe, you know, was just doing a little bit of art therapy for myself in laying him to rest."
>"If you're listening to this and you're interested in the story — and especially if you have some kind of political sway or anything like that — like, step in and, you now, just tell your friends, neighbours, teachers, whoever else that Pepe is a chill, loving frog," he said.
>"Every moment is an opportunity to change people's opinion, so I'm not gonna give up yet, but I'm gonna take a break, because it is some heavy stuff."

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.4106474/pepe-lives-artist-matt-furie-says-internet-famous-frog-will-rise-from-the-ashes-1.4106478