No.92065173 ViewReplyOriginalReport
My dream is to create my own cartoon. It's something I've seriously been considering pursuing, but what with this talk about societal changes, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

For one, it seems largely believed that kids are watching YouTube and other streaming services more often than TV these days. This seems to be supported by the fact that TV ratings are continuously declining. An obvious solution would be for major networks to focus more on streaming, but this leads to my next concern...

The 7-11 demographic is more or less fading out of existence as a target audience. Kids, teens and adults are enjoying more or less the same entertainment, so there's less value in creating "kids" entertainment unless you're aiming particularly young. So the solution would be to make the cartoon more all-ages friendly, which raises two more concerns...

The first, is that animation isn't exactly the most popular thing on the Internet. Sure, some people (kids and adults alike) do watch it, but it's drastically overshadowed by most popular forms, and most of the shows that ARE popular on the Internet don't reach the level that TV animation did just a few years ago. I doubt a web show could become the next Adventure Time or even the next Regular Show/Steven Universe/Clarence.

(continued in comments due to character limit)