Theory: Frank Miller’s recent work is good by James Harvey

No.82420077 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>I recoloured that recent Wonder Woman cover Frank Miller did for DC last week. Mine on the left, DC’s on the right. I did this to demonstrate a theory I have that despite the general critical consensus, there’s actually nothing wrong with Frank Miller’s recent art- it’s just that DC don’t know how to treat it.

>In January of this year I tried out to be a colourist for Frank Miller at DC. Not because being a colourist for the comics has always been my dream, or because I’m the world’s biggest Frank Miller fan, but because I kept seeing some pretty awesome drawings of his being critically savaged. He’s a good artist, but people were talking as if these recent drawings were the scrawlings of a lunatic. I felt like I needed to step in.

>Below is one of the Miller covers I recoloured for DC. My colours on the top, and DC’s original on the bottom. Here you can see the discrepancy between the potential I saw in these drawings, and what was actually being published.

http://harveyjames.tumblr.com/post/143735873863/theory-frank-millers-recent-work-is-good-but-dc