No.82232203 ViewReplyOriginalReport
My friend was asking me why i hate Batman so much, and after thinking hard about it, i realized i can't look past this.
So batman totally sucks. What causes most crime? Poverty. What cures poverty? Money. Money comes from jobs. Instead of paying 3.2 billion for his fucking bat wing/cave/car etc why doesn't he send Gotham kids to college? Why doesn't he beef up Arkham security? Those assholes break out every 10 minutes. But when he's not putting away super villains he's stopping muggers! BILLIONS spent to stop muggers. Maybe if Wayne created more jobs that paid well, people would be working and not mugging. Batman has been in Gotham for 60 years and the place is still a shit hole. Bruce, take your money and open 50 schools. Pay teachers a good salary, and send These kids to college. Crime will drop like a stone and Gotham would flourish. Then the city wouldn't need the batman. So basically he's just a selfish prick who wants to play dress up at the cost of thousands if not millions of lives.

I get that its a comic, but if he's so brilliant why would he not have thought of this???

Or is there a story arch that actually addresses this?
Im curious because otherwise Batman is just Batman, and his cause is total crap. Because he could solve it EASILY as bruce Wayne.