Zack Snyder on Superheroes

No.82228761 ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, this is a pretty enlightening view into the mind of Zack Snyder. It's an interview from back when he was promoting Watchmen. Here are a few excerpts:

>My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too!

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder