Thoughts on /co/ Writers and Directors

No.81153815 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, after looking at this guy's work and reading other anons comments about his work, I think I've finally reached a conclusion as to why his work irks us so much, even though the actors are good for the most part.

The reason is that Snyder lacks awareness the material he uses in his movies.

Synder is like one of a philosophy 101 students who look at things that they believe to be mature, but miss the entire point of it. Its kind of like watching the Sopranos or Breaking Bad and thinking throughout it, 'Tony/Walter is a good guy who is doing nothing wrong.' Or for a /co/ example, reading the Killing Joke and thinking that Joker is right and that one bad day is all that it takes to make a man insane.

I mean take movie Rorschach and compare him to the comic version. The movie version within the narrative is always treated as being right in his beliefs and ideologies. When the others decide to side with Ozy in the movie it is obvious that we are meant to see it as being morally wrong. In the comic however, Rorschach is seen in the narrative and universe as being a holier than thou, hypocritical lunatic, who thinks that he is in a black and white world when in actuality he is in a world of grey.

Its the same with the DCverse, Snyder seems to be believe making the story dark and bleak is a mature way of telling superhero stories. However, he misses the point of what Superman is supposed to be, or at least misinterprets to such a huge degree that he might of well missed the point. Superman sees that most people are good, or at least try to be, so he is the guy who helps them. Who does what they can't do, not because of fear, but lack of ability. Yet, all Synder wants to is make that icon of hope into a morally ambiguous person who in the comics would at best, be considered an anti-villain.

Do you agree with this /co/? What are your thoughts on other writers or directors you either love or hate?