No, definitely no. It's anime-like only in the premises.>The Good
- Quirky, energetic fun that is way less "lol XD so random" than what someone expects after seeing the intro/the first episode.
- One of the best portrayal of friendship in a cartoon in the last years.
- Occasional, unexpected dark humor.
- Lots and lots of shipping material, if that's your cup of tea. Still not integral to the show, there is only teasing/cuteness for now, no romance.
- Some lore/world building starting with episode 8, with the climax during the way-more-intense-than-expected season finale.
- Good consistency and character development (at least for Marco and Star)>The Bad
- A few episodes are average at best
- Not much screentime for the secondary characters, not even Marco's crush
- Some jokes fall flat when it comes to timing
- Being a storyboard-driven show, while being overall consistent, there are some episodes where Marco and Star may act stange (episode 11 for Star above all, Marco basically stopping being a "safe kid" after the first episode...)
While still liking it from the beginning, it really grew on me. I slowly went from "nice show" to "obsessed".