God and Angels in Marvel?

No.79208842 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've been reading a lot of Constantine, Lucifer, and it's fascinating to me how it all interweaves (and occasionally doesn't) with the larger DC universe. Beings like the Spectre, the stranger, Deadman, Death, ect. All characters that are in the background, to the point of not seeming to exist if you only read Batman/Superman/JLA.

Does Marvel have an equivalent background setting? Until now I didn't think so, but looking at Ghost Rider (who is basically possessed by an avenging demon/angel), and him actually being tied to the Devil himself. Yet, is he the Devil? Is Mephisto? We also have Dracula, whose origin is somewhat Catholic-myth based.

Yet, getting any sort of details is like grasping for slippery eels. Marvel likes to cop out a lot; preferring to keep away from religious themes, and seems more at home with cosmic beings, their nature vague, and eastern themes. Frankly, as someone whose career is tied to to the religious mythologies, it makes me heavily prefer DCs setting, but I would like to change that.

Are there any actual suggestions that God exists in Marvel? Angelic or true demonic beings? Other religious themes? Anything I can sink my teeth into?