Man of Steel Hate

No.78934335 ViewReplyOriginalReport
So can someone please explain the man of steel hate to me? I see so many negative comments about it but I get a feeling that the complaints come from someone who didnt actually watch the film.

Is this due to people hating Zack Snyder for some reason?

I want to address some of the dumbest complaints I've seen.

>>Man of Murder
Clark had been superman for like less than a week and he was going against a group of hardened soldiers who were literally born for battle. Do you really expect him to have to worry about not having the city be destroyed when he has to go against Zod?

>>Muh Supaman doesn't kill.
If supes didn't kill Zod what would they have done? Put him in a prison? Hah

Zod was literally going to kill all of humanity as he even explicitly said he'd do so it was literally all Clark could do. Him killing Zod can also be used for character development on why he has his no killing rule.

>>There's no jokes/too dark
Fuck You the movie had a few jokes and that's enough. Plus going too jokey gives you age of ultron type shit with a quip quota of 9001 and very little emotion.

>>But its not comic book accurate
Too bad a directors job isn't to pander to the small minority of people who read comics. It's to draw in a larger crowd and tell a good story.
Ultimately this was a first contact story same as Independence Day or Close Encounters which are loved by many.

Try actually watching the film. It's quite good and by far the best Superman film to date. I went back and watched the Reeves films and the Routhe film and both are just bad by comparison.