Scumbob episode

No.130159462 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I REALLY hate this episode, Where do I even begin? I have an idea, how the STUPID THROAT CLEARING GAG. This gag happens a few times in this episode and it basically amounts to GUHHH GUHAA UGHAHHGH that for like a minute! It is Family Guy levels of overly long gags! Like If it happened once it'll be annoying, BUT THE FACT THAT IT HAPPENS THREE TIMES,IS JUST INFURIATING!

There's other bad things, like Squidward's arm when he gets stung, is REALLY grotesquely pimpled and there's a big pulsating vein all over the pimples.

SpongeBob digs a hole to stop Squidward who is on his bicycle and then, flies off, into Jellyfish Fields where he is trapped by jellyfish. SpongeBob is very much aware that the jellyfish have PINNED DOWN Squidward, and are STINGING him.

But he doesn't care, SpongeBob wants to sing his stupid song, and he doesn't care who gets hurt along the way. SpongeBob knows he's torturing Squidward, and he doesn't care!

The way that SpongeBob is just laying there in the beginning and the way he talks to Squidward, he sets his sights on him like "Yeah, I'm gonna stalk you for the rest of this episode. I know it, yeah Patrick's out of town, I've nothing better to do, you better appease me Squidward"

Squidward just wants to get to choir practice! This type of plot just doesn't work If Squidward doesn't do something so horrible to deserve being stalked! SpongeBob's character feels just so utterly destroyed... He's not naive, He's not ignorant, he's not just a well meaning idiot. HE IS INTENTIONALLY HARMING OTHER PEOPLE TO SERVE HIS OWN PURPOSES, HE'S EVIL IN THIS EPISODE!

And worse than that he just feels like a writers favorite at this point, it just feels like they write his character so that he's perfect and can do no harm and he's basically transformed into SpongeJesus. Meanwhile Squidward is apparently the devil who deserves to be tortured for every little move he makes. It's a horrible plot that really horribly destroys SpongeBob's character.