Stop Motion Film (Possible lost media)

No.124413817 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Second try after last thread died >>124406973

I recently remembered this old Stop Motion film I saw online, but I've not been able to find any record of it anywhere. I've been looking over IMDB listings of stop motion films but nothing sounds like it. I wonder if it might have been lost completely.

I looked back in the /co/ archives, and I've actually found people looking for the same short. Nobody ever replied to the post, though.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/99937270/

>A few years ago, I watched an awesome stop motion film on Vimeo, and I can't find it anymore. It's like 20-30 minutes long, there's no dialogue, and it takes place in a dark fantasy world where the sun and moon have stopped moving. A mysterious knight takes part in a ritual to restart the sun and moon. He completes many trials in a ruined temple inhabited by living statues. The statues test him by pitting him against traps and other obstacles. In one trial, the statues are controlling a giant, mechanical, dragon-like puppet.

>Spoilers for people who recognize the film but haven't watched it: The knight ultimately prevails but at the cost of his own life. When he sits the throne in the center of the temple, he is impaled by metal spikes that suck out his blood to power a mechanism that restarts the sun and moon.

>Pic semi-related. At the beginning and end of the film, there are animated sequences that resemble a medieval calendar/timepiece. Anybody know this film? I think the title was in French or Spanish. I tried asking /tv/ but got no responses. Maybe /co/ will help me out.

The only thing this person didn't mention is that the living statues are all female and held together by rope and clockwork. There are rats in the temple that chew on the ropes that hold them together, so some of the statue women have parts falling off of them, or stop working completely. The knight is dressed like a gladiator.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?