The impact this would have on world history...
- Enormous chunk of Africa missing; climate impact can barely be guessed at, but most of Africa's great cultures existed in the missing piece. The Pizza family are Nigerian but Nigeria doesn't even exist PHYSICALLY. Africa and Europe are separated much further than in real life and the Mediterranean is much more open to the Atlantic. Its water level would not have dropped significantly during the last ice age, resulting in impact on the biotope of Europe.
- Asia Minor is not separated from Europe. The Black Sea is a lake. Europe itself appears almost entirely unaffected.
- India is broken up and partly missing. Hindu culture would be severely affected.
- The East Indies are shifted and seem more expansive.
- Australia is shifted and broken up.
- South America is much bigger, with the missing land of Africa apparently shifted to its eastern coast. It may be entirely desert. There is also an enormous archipelago in the southern Atlantic.
- North America appears unaffected except for the fact Florida is an island.
- Most affected is Central Asia, with a continent-sized sea in the middle of it. It could be partly frozen, but if most of it is open water the impact on Asian culture is impossible to overstate. The horse peoples might not exist at all in favor of sea-faring peoples. The effect it would have on even the global climate is inestimable.
All of this would have happened long before the Gems landed on Earth.>I remember when we thought the Siberian crater might be where Pink Diamond was born