THE ANIMATION DARK AGE

No.113985555 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why did cartoons go to such shit during like 2008- early 2012 (2007 was really more of a transitional year)?

I mean don't get me wrong, we're still not back to the glory days of the Golden Age of the late 90s/early 00's but there's at least a handful of decent shows now (Steven Universe, Gumball, DuckTales). During this specific time period I'm talking about

>Cartoon Network starts making shit like pic related, Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Problem Solverz, SMFA, gave the annoying orange a TV show
>Spongebob starts going to shit
>Fairly OddParents starts going to shit
>Disney Channel, which was never GREAT cartoon wise but at least had some good stuff and played Disney/Pixar movies goes absolutely full retard and starts appealing to autistic/ADHD retards with shit like Hannah Montana, Jonas LA, Fish Hooks, Shake It Up, Jessie and more
>Nickelodeon starts making shit like The Mighty B, Fanboy and Chum Chum, TUFF Puppy and Planet Sheen

Seriously this was one of the darkest moments for cartoons ever. As I said we still haven't fully recovered but god damn when I think back to this shit it just seems like everything which was long-running started to go to shit and everything new was fucking awful.