No.113625620 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Based on what happened in the movie and what has happened in Future, do you see any possibility of Steven and Spinel becoming genuine friends? I’m not talking about romance (I do like the ship tho and find a lot of the art cute but this is not about shipping), but could they ever at one point hang out and actually like one another? I know many have said that Steven never cared for her at any point, never wanted to be Spinel’s friend, an so on, but I never saw it that way in the movie. Would a friendship even be healthy with how Steven’s life has gone and how we’ve seen Spinel’s mental state? I personally could see it going both ways.

Anyway, there might not be much time left for them to develop a close friendship like Steven has with Lapis, or even another former enemy in Peridot. But say Spinel gets some focus in one of the last episodes of Future. Obviously Steven would be in it. Would they have good bonding moments? Would they forgive one another for the past? And if SU were to continue in some form (comics, animated specials, a sequel/reboot) and Spinel were to join the supporting cast, would they become close buddies? And would their relationship be good? Do Steven and Spinel even WANT to be friends? I personally think they could be friends and I could explain why if anyone asks.

mods do not delete this is again meant to be a discussion thread and not a general