Brandon Routh Addresses "Traumatic" Departure From LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

No.113552506 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>"It was before we started production, but it was not well handled," said Routh. "So that has been something my wife and I are both still working through. It’s been a huge transition time for us, these last 8, 9, 10 months. Going in, I wondered how was I going to find the joy in it, knowing this thing was looming. But I worked to just be with the crew that had become my family and the cast that had become my family, and experience that, and just be there in the interactions with the people."

>"What I try to do at work is go to work and try to enjoy my time on set," added Routh. "You don’t know what the end product is going to be. You’re also talking about loss, so we’re going back to that — loss of my family for the last five years, and the character that I played for six years. I filmed my last episodes in the Arrowverse and as Ray Palmer. And that was a very traumatic event for me. It was not something I was expecting, it was shocking."

>Routh also elaborated on Ray's departure's lack of comics accuracy. "In the comic book world, Ray Palmer disappears" he explained, "But he leaves his belt behind, which is in the comics how he has the power to shrink, and this young man, Ryan Choi, takes over and becomes the new Atom. That's not what happens with Ray... He doesn't get lost into the multiverse. We're not following the comic book structure."

>When asked if he would be willing to appear further down the line as many other former cast members have over the years, Routh simply stated "That's the kind of bridge that I will decide to cross when I get there."

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/478677-brandon-routh-addresses-legends-of-tomorrow-departure

Yikes.