No.109524825 ViewReplyOriginalReport
The reporter who first leaked the story, Deadline Hollywood's Mike Fleming, is Sony's go-to reporter for leaking stories. It's looking very likely that Sony first broke the news, not Disney. This would explain why the 50/50 partnership request by Disney made it into news leak but nothing else: Sony thought Disney would look greedy to the public. If Sony leaked it, it backfired on them.

This was 100% Sony's plan. They want to show Disney as a greedy bully. Problem is people don't care about contract negotiations between two behemoths. They only care about the entertainment they are no longer going to get. Since Sony owns the IP, the onus is on them to make it happen.

This is what I think Sony doesn’t understand. We couldn’t care less if Disney wants deal where they end up with more money. What they’re doing with Spider-Man is great. So if you’re telling me I’m going to lose that because these two companies can’t agree to terms, then I’d rather the greedy Disney bullies own it so I know my money is at least going towards something worth my time.