J.J. Abrams and his oldest son will have their comic book debut in a new Spider-Man miniseries

No.108264743 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>And that is what Abrams — and his son Henry, who is 20 — are doing for Marvel Entertainment. They are introducing a new villain, Cadaverous, who will cause problems for Spider-Man, his alter-ego, Peter Parker, and his beloved Mary Jane Watson, in a five-part series arriving in September. The Abramses are writing, and the comic will be drawn by Sara Pichelli and colored by Dave Stewart.

>In a phone interview this week, the Abramses talked about working together and their first exposure to comics. They were coy about sharing many plot details. But, J. J. Abrams said, “The story shows Peter Parker in a way you haven’t seen him before.”

>These are edited excerpts from the conversation.

>How did the two of you writing this comic come about?

>J. J.: This is Henry Abrams’s first interview ever.

>HENRY: I’m nervous, but I will do my best. Nick Lowe, the editor of this comic, reached out about 10 years ago. More recently we began to develop an idea: a new and different and exciting take on Spider-Man.

>J. J.: Nick had been pressing me to do a book with him. A year or so ago, I started talking about it with Henry and it sort of happened organically. And that has been the joy of this. Even though I’ve been talking to Nick for a long time, weirdly, this feels like it just sort of evolved from the conversations of Henry and I, having ideas that got us excited and Nick being open to the collaboration.