CHAMPIONS #24 to Deal with Gun Violence in Schools, Centered on MILES MORALES

No.102414307 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.newsarama.com/41416-marvel-notifies-retailers-of-school-shooting-story-in-champions-24.html

>September's Champions #24 from Marvel Comics will be a special issue dealing with gun violence in schools and school shootings.

>“Earlier this year, I started talking to Tom Brevoort about writing a Champions issue on the effect of gun violence in schools. Marvel has always strived to deliver 'the world outside our window' and this was too big a topic to ignore," series writer Jim Zub told Newsarama. "Centered on Miles Morales, the story is about a tragedy and the trauma that ripples outward from senseless violence - and the people that come together to support each other to build a better future, which is the heart of every Champions story. I’m incredibly proud of everyone’s work on this issue, and I’m thankful we were given the chance to tell this story.”

>The publisher has shared an advance copy of Champions #24 with retailers, with a specific request not to leak it to readers.

>Coinciding with this, Marvel have replaced R.B. Silva's originally-solicited cover to Champions #24 with a new cover by interior artist Sean Izaakse.

>The solicitation for this issue describes this as "The Champions grapple with a foe that all the super-powers in the world cannot vanquish!'

>Champions #24 is scheduled to be released September 12.

Of course, the story involving gun violence is just COINCIDENTALLY centered upon a young black male teenage youth. How progressive, Disney's Marvel Comics.

but dat early retailer copy tho; where's my nigga ScanBro?