Animation in 2020s

No.101955439 ViewReplyOriginalReport
What would you like to see in the 2020s? I'm hoping a complete turn-around from the economical crisis low effort irony dishonesty era. And a severe obsession with detailed lineart and pretty designs with vivid colors.

The most general thing I'd like to see is a revival of of the 97-2005 era with far higher technical qualities and and honest artistic visuals and writing. I'd especially love going back to all the sci-fi craze in the 80s.

Unique stuff that I hope would appear in the 2020s would be:
10 minute videos of 20-26 episode cartoon shows that are actually instrumental music videos like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_27bqy8S4

Overall more obsession with visual audio atmosphere and storytelling through visuals, creativity, actions which would mean finally getting GOOD video game cartoon adaptions.
I'm also hoping for good looking 3D/2D. None of that Toonboom shit that looks like Flash.

On the slice of life aspect of cartoons I'd love for charming dialogue-driven cartoons which go somewhere. Cartoons where the characters don't tease each other, aren't interrupted by the plot to have chemistry and don't wait until the finale to confess their love and don't act angry, insecure and boring about their emotional connection.
Slice of life cartoons would see an increase in positive pro-social focus and depthful world design and the characters would feel far less like tools for the plot or a joke.

I'm hoping the music in cartoons will also change to either every piece being copyrighted songs or the musician being instructed to make the music feel like songs you'd actually listen to without the aid of visuals. In general I'm hoping for the tonal shift towards energetic, melodic, positive music.