No.101430187 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/08/mark-doyle-batman-david-finch-proposal/
>“Batman #24, there are two editors listed for that book, we switched editors half way though… it’s not normal, it’s very weird.
>I got in a big fight with my editor about it, an editor I love, Mark Doyle, he wanted to bring in an artist on it who had not worked on the book before, I knew it was this big moment, Batman proposing to Catwoman, you’re going to turn on Twitter there it’s going to be that stupid image, I want this to be an image with David, I want him to draw this issue. ‘No, no, David’s too busy going on vacation’, just call him, We got in a big fight over it, and in the end we switched editors and got David and that’s how we brought Jamie Rich on the book.
>That’s something I could not do earlier in my career, say I’m putting my foot down, that’s something you can only say when you’ve had a lot of success…. When you first come in you have no power at all, you are at the whim of your editors who are in control of whether you eat this day.”
Reminder that a good man was FIRED over this horseshit. Someone was forced to work while they were on vacation with their family because a writer threw a tantrum over this horseshit.

A man lost his dream job for daring to not bend over backwards to King on his CatBat wank and this was the endgame? A big fuck you fake out? What the actual fuck? Not only has King killed the Batman worse than Zack Snyder, but he’s hurt so many people in the industry to do it. Not only will millions of Batman fans quit the book, but Local Comic Shops are threatening to sue DC Comics over this shitshow (LCSs have spent so much money on this event because DC has put out so many tie-ins, variants, and deluxe editions).

DC has finally killed Batman (and Catwoman).