40K in /co/

No.101117885 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I guess ya can consider this as a continuation of: >>100997311
Though I'm not the OP of that thread...

Anywho, if 40K could never truly be in an animated feature due to how niche it is, is it atleast possible for 40K to be ever be referenced instead? As in reference or parodied in a way in a cartoon episode all about tabletop gaming?

I mean Dungeons and Dragons has often been portrayed, parodied or referenced in most media and especially in cartoons that has Tabletop gaming related episodes. But what about Warhammer? (both Fantasy or 40,000)

I mean ya could reference and parody 40K in media and or cartoons by calling "Battle Axe 100" or "Poison Dagger 9000" and it would have people buy insanely overpriced plastic figurines as gaming pieces.

Or is perhaps the reason why Warhammer; especially 40K, would likely not get mentioned, parodied or referenced in most media let alone cartoon episodes about Tabletop gaming. Is because Dungeons and Dragons is way more popular and easily recognized while Warhammer 40K in itself is pretty niche and almost unheard of by most normies?

Plus considering 40K's current grimdark/grimderp setting and tone. People might probably get turned off by 40K's lore, mythos, and writing. Which reaks of dark, grungy, assymetrical and edgy 90s tone and feeling.

And again, 40K is niche and or unheard of by most normies compared to Dungeons and Dragons which is way more popular and well recognized.

Your thoughts to any /co/mrades who're /tg/ nerds and geeks?