Androgynous/Bishounen thread

No.3009908 ViewReplyOriginalReport
old thread died.

since "bishounen" is a bit of an umbrella term that also gets misinterpreted and misapplied quite a lot (IMO), for the sake of this thread we'll just presume that a mature/masculine husbando is not the same thing as a pretty/androgynous/cute bishounen, while (also for the sake of the argument) a pretty/androgynous/cute bishounen is NOT the same thing as a trap because he doesn't cross-dress or behave stereotypically girly/effeminately. physically the bishounen may be thin and have an extremely androgynous face, but he simultaneously offsets his physical androgyny by sounding, presenting, and/or behaving convincingly male. he's old enough not to be a shota and usually doesn't sound like one either, and in the most technical terms he is NOT a trap even if he gets (or doesn't get) a lot of trap fanart.

while there are invariably many different kinds of bishounens/pretty boys, the kind this thread is specifically for are the unsung androgynous ones. i know them when i see them, so i'll start by posting several examples.