"The Internet" by Boxman Sold to MoMA

No.5140796 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/Boxmans-the_internet-sold-to-MoMA_at-record-price

Report by Nigel “Chip” Ritchels

At first glance, “The Internet” by Boxman looks like a nintendo 64 spray painted black with the initials R. BOX and the year 2021 crudely painted on with white ink. When in reality, the now estimated valued £272,440,000 art piece has been purchased by the MoMA for a scant $3.3 million. The price raised eyebrows, but after such incredible work such as Maurizio Cattelan’s “The comedian” (a Banana duct taped to a wall that sold for $120,000)
and “Artwork by Anonymous” (a screenshot of a post on 4chan.org sold for $90,900) anything in this 2021 art world surely is possible.

Why such a dazzling price for a piece of Japonisme influenced electronics? I had to inquire, and inquire I did. Straight from the artist himself, Boxman, who would only conduct the interview fully nude and with a painted white cereal box on his head, and a smaller white box covering the crowning glory of his genitals. The balls and shaft remained fully exposed to my dismay.