Depression

!!HFAgfgjX0Ys No.9812345 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Can anyone here explain to me why I'm still depressed?

I've already been prescribed and taken: four antidepressants (Lexapro, Trazodone, Nefazodone, Remeron), one antipsychotic (Abilify), one anti-anxiety agent (Klonopin), one anticonvulsant (primidone), one beta blocker (propranolol), one sedative (Ambien), and one psychostimulant (Adderall).

I've been administered the following scales, inventories, assessments, and/or questionnaires: a Beck Depression Inventory – 2 (BDI-2), a Short Depression Scale (SDS), a Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI), an Endler Multiaxial Anxiety Survey – Social Anxiety Scales (EMAS-SAS), a Shipley Institute of Living Scale, a Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – 2 (MMPI-2), a Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS), a Global Assessment of Functioning, a Sheehan Disability Scale, an Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS-v1.1), a Subjective Happiness Scale (SHS), a Zung Anxiety Self-Assessment Scale, and a Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale.

I've been officially diagnosed as having the following four disorders: Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

I'm currently taking 45 mg of Remeron daily (for the treatment of: MDD), 15 mg of Abilify daily (for the treatment of: MDD, SAD, and GAD), and 60 mg of Adderall daily (for the treatment of: ADHD).

I've already seen and spoken with: five psychotherapists, four psychiatrists, one psychologist, two psychiatric nurse practitioners, and two neurologists.

I've had both CT and MRI scans done on my brain (both of which revealed nothing unusual).

I've spent hundreds upon hundreds or even thousands upon thousands of dollars on numerous medications, assessments, examinations, scans, etc. and yet I'm still depressed.

So, what the hell is going on in my brain?