No.9623623 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I wonder if there's any point for me to be studying physics as I pretty much hate technology.
Most people see this as a contradiction.

To my disappointment I've noticed that the final product or application of every major scientific discovery ends up being something that IQ 70 normies use to make themselves dumber, lazier, fatter and eventually to fuck up our evolution even further. When the Internet was developed in CERN as a tool for scientists, it was great. I approved of it. But now it's just something dumb people use to connect, to form a global network of idiots to break the last remnants of any intellect on our planet. Ironically, imageboards are a good example of this. These anonymous shitsites provide you with a false sense of belonging and fucks up your brain's gratification system by giving you constant dopamine kicks from something that doesn't benefit you in any way. And this is just one example. Every scientific application apart from mass spectrometers and medical equipment seems to fall into misuse.
Our species will probably lose the ability to walk thanks to the Internet and funny maymays.

All this has made me understand the Amish. Those guys are smart as fuck, and I'm saying this as a theoretical physicist in the making. Development for the sake of development is our philosophy and honestly it sickens me. If it's not positive development in the long run, it's just change, and we're addicted to change. The human race is overly proud of its achievements (such as the Internet) that it cannot accept its flaws.
Everything these days is digitalized and put on the Internet and its analog counterpart from the real world is removed as "obsolete". This pisses me off. Today I heard you can't get my favorite physics formula book in physical form anymore, you can just get the app. A digicopy of a book should never, ever replace a real book. Paper is the best foldable, self-powering screen there is, if you kids understand it better this way.