Your hardest semester yet

No.7958599 ViewReplyOriginalReport
What's the hardest semester you've had and why was it difficult ? I'll start with mine (I'm now in my 3rd bachelor year)
Computer Science, 2nd bachelor year, spring semester.

Courses :

Theory of computation : The teacher had no experience in teaching, this was his first year and he didn't seem to eager to do so either. The course covered many topics (set theory, graph theory, turing machines...) and every week we had graded problem sets where we were asked to provide proofs for difficult theorems on these subjects. The problem is many of us weren't familiar with these subjects and the teacher made no effort to cover the basics so it was an extremely time consuming and difficult course.

System oriented programming : This one was more dull than difficult,, the exercises were so boring a lot of people straight up skipped them and the graded sets were time consuming and uninteresting. It was one of those 3 credit courses that act like they're worth 6

On-chip architecture : This one was alright, mostly plug and chug

Reactive programming and parallelism : Alright now this one was horrible, every two weeks we had a new lecturer that covered a completely different subject, sometimes even in a new language we weren't introduced to, and our main language was Scala which is an overcomplicated mess.
Once again the graded homework were a bitch, but the exams were worse. In the final we had to program the game of life with actors in Scala, and this was like 30% of the exam that lasted 2 hours.

Probabilities and Statistics : This one was pretty good, the exercices were usually interesting and educative

Visual Computing : Pretty good as well, the biggest difficulty was that the lectures and the exercises did not cover the same matter at all, but other than that it was fine.

Humanities mandatory course : Whatever.