No.10672223 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm so incredibly tired of reading about geniuses and how they were somehow special as kids or how they found their passion for science when they were 0.01 microseconds old. I've read about so many of them and there's almost nothing I've learned. Feynman had his dad, Einstein always liked physics since he was a kid. Newton too. And so on. I've read on so many more scientists and mathematicians past that. I've read about islamic polymaths and chemists like al-razi, al-khwarezmi, ibn-sina. What the fuck are we supposed to do? It seems like every genius just became obsessed with their field at such a young age, managed to not lose that passion after like a year of going crazy for it, and lived long enough to change the world. Literally the only "genius" I've heard of that started to work on their field was in the field of painting and he was van-gogh. He started painting around 28, but I'm not a classical art man.

What the fuck do I do /sci/? There's only so much time I have left to do something great for my life, but every-time I pick up a passion (generally in science, which is why I'm asking you guys) I dedicate almost everything to it for two weeks then get bored and move on. I only have so much time left. Are we just fucked because we didn't start early enough or what?