No.10568518 ViewReplyOriginalReport
i did a biology experiment a few years ago and i never really thought much of it but reflecting on it now it really makes me fucking question the scientific consensus. We tell ourselves it's all objective and never changes but year after year new shit pops up and pretty soon everything we thought was true is rendered irrelevant, in the future we will look back on the now as we do 15th century medicine today. Basically I managed to germinate and grow timothy grass at 1-2 degrees celsius without any soil at all just some water; yes I double checked the temperatures and even spent 2 hours every weekend day while watching a movie sitting and opening both the fridge and freezer to take a quick measurement and close it to make sure there was nothing wrong with it. I also found that by periodically blasting the seeds with heat for just a few seconds i could have them actually grow at 0 degrees, with one of the roots pushing through a fucking frozen seed shell

anyways how much shit do we really know is true man? it sounds kind of retarded but really when you think about it why do we actually trust all these published studies when we weren't even there to see absolutely anything? we don't even check to see if the results are repeatable ourselves we just assume it all checks out or trust someone else to say that it is. Sometimes I wonder how much shit might be wrong or turn out to actually be possible if we actually tried recreating the results of certain experiments. Like cross breeding

has anyone ever actually verified for themselves if it's impossible to say, artificially inseminate a female bonobo chimpanzee with the sperm of say a pure aboriginal? like why the fuck don't we try to replicate ANY scientific experiments for ourselves. Just mathematically speaking there's a high probability that at least 1 well accepted scientific consensus revolving around an experiment is wrong and we're being duped. Our entire lives and understanding of the universe could be a lie