Ancient Laptop+Cintiq pro13 vs new laptop+ Intuos Pro Medium

No.3895386 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi guys ! I am going to attend a 2-years Concept art & Illustration course. The problem i have is: I want to keep my ancient laptop (i5 5200U, 8Gb Ram, 930M, only supports USB 3.0, HDMI, no USB-C/3.1/ThuderBolt and no mini display port, only HD screen. The hardware is enough since the course focuses mostly on 2D, just a bit 3D. Just need a draw tablet and a better screen, so I am thinking of Cintiq Pro 13. Since my laptop doesn't have USB-C or mini display port, i will need to buy a HDMI to mini display port converter and i will be a hell bunch of cable. Another option i have is to buy a new laptop (maybe a Macbook air or a laptop with decent display which is around 1k$) with a Intuos pro Medium (PTH-660), around 350$. The thing makes me confused about this option is that i may apply for an more extreme concept art course after this(after 2-3 years from now, which will cost like a shithole of money) and they may require a much better laptop ( currently Mac pro i7). So i really don't know what to do right now... Any advices ? Thanks in advance, guys !